Terms & Conditions
Consultant Connect Limited is a company registered in England and Wales whose company number is 09488206 and whose registered address is One St. Aldates, Oxford OX1 1DE. Any use on this website of the name “Consultant Connect” and the terms “us” or “we” refer to Consultant Connect Limited.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Privacy Notice – Patient Data
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Consultant Connect Limited.
Who are we?
We are Consultant Connect Limited of One St. Aldates, Oxford OX11DE.
Consultant Connect is a Data Processor, holding and processing Patient Data on behalf of Data Controllers who will typically be one of: individual GP Practices (or clinical Commissioning Groups on their behalf), Acute Hospital Trusts, Mental Health Trusts or District Nursing Providers.
Consultant Connect is the provider of communications systems to the NHS and Private Health Providers that facilitate easier and faster patient-specific discussions between different teams of clinicians. The overall objective is to ensure patient pathways are not delayed unnecessarily on account of clinicians being unable to contact each other.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently, the Data Protection Act 1998 applies. With effect from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) will come into force, which will change the law.
The information we may collect – Patient Data
The information about you that we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
- NHS Number – Your 10-digit NHS Number
- Call Recording – verbatim recording of an advice conversation between your GP and a medical specialist (eg an expert NHT hospital consultant) which could on occasion include your name
- Photo Images – relevant photos taken by your GP in order to support a request for specialist advice
- Associated Notes – any notes sent by one clinician to another to support the clinical advice discussion
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you, your GP or other clinician from whom you are requesting healthcare advice/services in order to provide those services to you to the highest possible standard.
How we use the information
The above information is used/retained, upon the instruction of the Data Controller, as part of your medical records and serves as a record of advice given should any healthcare organisation need to access it in the future with regard to providing high quality care to you.
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored on our database in the UK.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be not be shared with any organisation other than those involved in the advice discussion unless required so by law or upon your explicit consent.
Legal basis for processing the information
The legal basis upon which the Data Controller will hold and process your data is Consent.
Consent: the individual has given clear consent for their personal data to be processed for a specific purpose.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained in accordance with Department of Health guidelines and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
You currently have the right at any time to ask for:
- Access to your data – a copy of the information about you that we hold.
- Erasure of your data – removal of data
- Restriction of processing – restriction in the way data is processed
- Objection – Correction of erroneous data
- Data Portability – Transfer of your data to another provider of services
- Complaint – you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (0303 123 1113 or via ico.org.uk\concerns)
- If you would like to make a request for any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided consent to the Data Controller to process your data you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing our Data Protection Officer – email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or processing your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk\concerns.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time.
Most Read Articles
FAQs - Referral Backlog Triage for the NHS
We are now triaging waiting lists for Trusts with backlogs of referrals that have built up due to COVID-19. The service uses our National Consultant Network (NCN). It’s the same network we launched 2 years ago which currently supports more than 50 NHS trusts with their capacity to deliver Advice & Guidance. In this article we share answers to the questions we’ve been asked the most since we launched this service.
SE London Enhanced A&G project "comes into its own" during COVID-19
What's the impact, one year on, of using Consultant Connect with e-RS for South East London CCGs? In this article, we take a look at how our project in South East London CCG has expanded since we first wrote about it on this blog this time last year. Plus David Reith, Associated Director for Planned Care Improvement at South East London CCG shares his feedback...
In Practice: quick ways to respond to COVID-19
With wave 2 upon us we share examples of how we are using IG secure tech to help NHS areas with their response. Some approaches can be rolled out in as little as 72 hours meaning they will make an impact this winter.
Avoiding Hospital for the Elderly this Winter
The coronavirus has had a disproportionate impact on older people, most deaths in the UK occur in the over-65s, affecting more men than women. But even before the pandemic, whilst life expectancy has increased, healthy life expectancy has not. In this blog article, we discuss the challenges in the current COVID-19 pandemic and how Consultant Connect is being used across the UK.
NHS Area Case Study: Enfield - project update & expansion plans
Six months ago, Consultant Connect launched in Enfield, NHS North Central London CCG to support key services during the COVID-19 pandemic. We caught up with Senior Programme Manager, Stephen Wells from Enfield Borough Directorate to discuss how the project has been performing since launch...
Supporting your health care teams with rapid Advice & Guidance
Consultant Connect is simply a smart communications tool which can be configured in many ways to improve communications between any health care professionals. In this article we highlight examples of other ways we are already working with NHS areas to provide rapid and reliable communication.